No. 24 The Gates Barns
Barn Type : English & Joined barn
Built about : 1820
Two timber-framed English barns, each approximately 30’x40’, were brought downhill from their original locations and joined in 1848 when the new Greek Revival farmhouse was built for Amos Ives who settled in the area in 1781.
The family operated a dairy until 1964.
Note: Milk house by the road. The rear barn had a 17-pane transom window
over eave-side door (temporarily covered).