No. 12 The Dunwoody Barn
Barn Type : Yankee barn
Built about : 1855
A 40’ x 60’ Yankee style dairy barn with a cupola, milk house and silo.
Situated next to the railroad, built in 1849, the barn was in an excellent position to send its milk products to city markets.
The barn, farmhouse and other buildings were originally set on 89 acres known as the Cook Farm after Samuel and Sally Cook, Quakers, who were among the first families to settle in Mount Holly.