No. 29 The Chadburn Barns
Barn Type : English and gambrel barns, Joined barns, Connected style
Built about : 1840-1910
A group of barns and farm buildings.
The largest barn was built in five joined sections: the first in 1840 in the English style with gable roof and vertical siding and the last barn in 1910 with a gambrel roof. The complex appears to be a connected style. Additional buildings included a chicken house and maple sugar house. The barns have served many functions: hay storage, pump room, horse stalls, carriage house, sheep shelter, garlic production, wood shed, and tool house. This was one of the earliest farms in Mount Holly. It is situated in the hamlet of Tarbellville named by Marshall Tarbell.