The original farm of 90 acres dates back to 1795 when the land was first settled by Samuel and Sally Cook. They were Quakers and they and their descendants were well educated and progressive and - with up-to date-equipment - were successful farmers. They were also community leaders, often elected as town selectmen or state representatives. They frequently served as town clerk or town treasurer. One grandson joined the Anti-Slavery Society, traveled to London, married there, moved back to Mount Holly with his wife and built one of the elegant houses for which the Cooks were known. The 1923 house, next to this barn, has Art Deco features inside and out.